What's New in SeaMonkey 2.24
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 2.24, important bugfixes and any new problems. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 2.23.
New Features and Fixes
- The editor spell check dialog was not initialized correctly, resulting in cropping (bug 942548).
- The DoNotTrack and Prompt on Sanitize preferences are now kept in sync (bug 939481).
- A pref (mailnews.p7m_external) has been added to allow users to choose an alternate application/pkcs7-mime handling (bug 243833).
- Support for Atom Threading Extensions (RFC 4685) has been added (bug 761656).
- Migrating profiles from Thunderbird supports the new signons file format now (support for the old format has been dropped) (bug 925803).
- Autocomplete drop-downs (e.g. used on the Location Bar and Open Location dialog) now show favicons for their entries (bug 906920).
- The account name is now displayed in the status bar for all messages when checking mail (bug 224436).
- IMAP alert messages now show the server of the corresponding mail account (bug 214854).
- Newsgroup names are now searched for all search strings combined (AND-search) on the subscribe dialog (bug 99019).
- The return receipt request prompt had stopped appearing (bug 955830).
- The value of the "Messages more than x days old" checkbox in Synchronization settings of News accounts is now saved correctly (bug 941914).
- The MailNews context menu showed all possible options when only feed accounts were set up (bug 949921).
- The Account Manager can be used again even if Local Directory is deemed unsafe (bug 921371).
- The <items> list of feeds is now ignored, fixing the output of "(no subject)" articles while parsing the RSS of Planet Python (bug 476641).
- Interfering with the restoring of a tab session could lead to an incomplete session getting saved (bug 919668).
- HTML + plain-text (multipart) email messages with wrong encoding are now upgraded to UTF-8 properly (bug 302748).
- The Folder Properties labels for incoming mail character encoding have been changed from "Default" to "Fallback" (bug 916823).
- Help has been updated for the changes to SSL warnings and new options for the mixed content blocker on the SSL Preference pane (bug 904189).
- Default Character Encoding has been renamed to Fallback Character Encoding (together with a note) on the Mail & Newsgroups Character Encoding Preferences pane (bug 902131).
- The S/MIME Content-Description mail header could be invalid due to non-encoded 8-bit data (bug 723086).
- Non-email feed author values were put in angle brackets, which could cause display issues in certain cases (bug 682117).
See Firefox 27.0 Notes for the corresponding Firefox release.