What's New in SeaMonkey 2.23
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 2.23, important bugfixes and any new problems. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 2.22.
- New Features and Fixes
- New Issues
New Features and Fixes
Fixes in 2.23
- Restored the missing Junk message icon (bug 947743).
Fixes in Beta 2
- Fixed incompatibility with binary extensions such as Lightning (bug 915574).
Features in Beta 1
- Download progress is now shown in the Mac OS X app dock icon (bug 900510).
- EXIF orientation is now being used when displaying attached images in MailNews (bug 915909).
- "This folder is being processed... to get messages." alerts on active MailNews folders now identify the account or folder (bug 592235).
- MailNews notifications have a new look (bug 633937).
Fixes in Beta 1
- Menubar auto-hide did not work correctly (bug 938447).
- Transparency rules were applied to signatures multiple times if they were nested (bug 931484).
- On Windows with the Classic theme, tree cells (e.g. those in MailNews panes) had too much padding (bug 927779).
- Click-to-play plugins did not show their placeholder after resizing (bug 920677).
- Logging into sites like chase.com failed (bug 924025).
- Windows MAPI support (sending mails and attaching files from external applications) was broken (bug 913493).
- The spell check context menu items did not check whether spelling had been turned off (bug 907406).
- The Password Manager did not work on script-generated forms (bug 908141).
- Opening an .eml file threw exceptions (bug 911454).
- Replies were not marked as "Replied" if a modified draft in an IMAP Drafts folder was sent (bug 530528).
- Drag and Drop to/from the Download Manager had some minor issues (bug 900514).
- Some links to addons.mozilla.org were out of date; theme types have been renamed (bug 906083).
- All POP3 messages on a server could be re-downloaded if the local disk ran out of space, causing duplicates (bug 239455).
- Send format HTML (mailnews.html_domains) and plain (mailnews.plaintext_domains) domains set in mailnews.js were ignored (bug 889152).
- The default character encoding is now better described in the Languages Preferences pane (bug 895751, bug 902068).
See Firefox 26.0 Notes for the corresponding Firefox release.
- Add-ons that use custom autocomplete fields may cease to work properly because the old XPFE autocomplete interface has been removed from the back-end shared with Thunderbird. Example: Nostalgy. Affected add-ons need to be adapted by the respective add-on authors to use the Toolkit autocomplete interface (available since SeaMonkey 2.1 / Thunderbird 3.3).