What's New in SeaMonkey 2.13
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 2.13, important bugfixes and any new problems. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 2.12.
- New Features and Fixes
New Features and Fixes
Fixes in 2.13.2
- Security fixes.
- Edited contacts could not be saved if the address book contained lists (bug 801615).
- Local IMAP mail files could grow excessively (bug 803843).
Fixes in 2.13.1
Fixes in Beta 6 / Final
- Sniffing for feeds could lead to a crash (bug 794067).
- The Bookmarks Manager Tools/Import HTML wizard had stopped working (bug 793425).
- Bookmarks could get deleted and reset to default if bookmarks-*.json were deleted (bug 779716).
- Selecting multiple PGP/MIME encrypted messages could lead to a crash (bug 795707).
- Compacting folders could prevent the MailNews database cache from getting filled (bug 710056).
Fixes in Beta 5
- Idle MailNews databases were closed too frequently, limiting the benefit of the database cache (bug 793455).
- Certain MailNews feed subscribes could fail (bug 790554).
- A deleted message template displayed an incorrect message body (bug 786595).
Fixes in Beta 4
- The tab bar grabbed focus after switching the active tab (bug 790662).
Fixes in Beta 3
- If an image contained errors, the error text was hardly readable against the dark background of the Default Theme (bug 788418).
Fixes in Beta 2
- Fixed cases where some notifications were not showing (bug 787833).
- Fixed "Create Table from Selection" no longer working in Composer (bug 787673).
- The message location could not be copied if the server protocol was snews (bug 787968).
- Fixed some common crash scenarios (bug 770262, bug 783479, bug 780908).
Features in Beta 1
- The folder pane now shows a popup over folders with unseen messages (bug 505056).
- Sync can now open links received from other devices in tabs (bug 768950).
Fixes in Beta 1
- Manual zoom reduction (85%) did not hold and returned to 100% with routine navigation within a website (bug 663886).
- MDN (return receipts) now work for non-standard headers and the MDN confirmation message now says which addresses the receipt will be sent to (bug 765820).
- Redirecting and error visits are now properly handled, i.e. not added to global history (bug 772549).
- The address book white list is now disabled in Junk Settings if adaptive junk mail control is not activated (bug 742503).
- Address books in text format (text, CSV, tab) which contain non-ASCII display names and email addresses can now be imported properly (bug 145293).
- Percent encodings on non-ASCII filenames are now decoded when saving a video snapshot (bug 767916).
- A Preferences pane for Offline Applications has been added (bug 758677).
- A click-to-play plugins option has been added to Preferences (bug 746110).
- The wording of the Disk Space compacting option has been enhanced (auto compact does all folders at once) and the compact limit field is now disabled together with compacting (bug 758803).
- A Layout sub menu has been added to the address book View menu (bug 762704).
- The vertical space between actions on the MailNews Account Central page is now flexible (bug 681735).
- Feed pages displayed in MailNews now support click-to-play plugins (bug 765466).
- Enhanced support for feed enclosures: Support for more than one enclosure per message, Atom support, media:content support (bug 762631).
- It could happen that MailNews account keys were reused in the same profile, leading to mails showing the wrong account in the Account column (bug 485839).
- TCP/SSL handshakes are now overlapped with typing in the search box, improving responsiveness (bug 767920).
- Ampersands did not appear in the Windows biff icon tooltip (bug 767323).
- The Outlook Express address book can now be imported from a non-default location (bug 124486).
- Temporary files created by mail composition did not get cleaned up correctly, leading to inability to add images inline (bug 671440).
- Scrolling/switching to IMAP folders could lead to short hangs (bug 764306).
- Multipart messages were downloaded entirely for each of their parts (bug 740453).
- Attachments were sometimes not fully downloaded due to incorrect/smaller RFC822.SIZE set by MS Exchange, GMail and possibly others (bug 92111).
- A DSN (Delivery Status Notification) option has been added to the Compose Options menu (bug 760644).
- HTML5 form validation errors are now shown as tooltips (bug 601091).
- The context menu handled OGG audio as OGV video (bug 763204).
- The Bookmarks Manager had lost its window icons (bug 763493).
- An animation is now shown when opening document-like windows on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (bug 730751).
- Extensions may now send messages to mailing list recipients via BCC (bug 761803).
- Address book contacts now include an "Always prefer display name over message header" option (bug 761720).
- The option when clicking a mail address that is already in the address book now reads "Edit Contact" instead of "Add to Address Book" (bug 131571).
- When importing an address book as CSV, the dialog description pushed all buttons off screen (bug 762636).
- Messages with undefined content type were incorrectly forwarded as attachment (bug 745919).
- The List all Tabs menu now shows tabs that scrolled off screen in italics (bug 663343).
See Firefox 16.0 Bug Fixes for a list of bugs that have been fixed for the corresponding Firefox release, and Thunderbird 16.0 Bug Fixes for Thunderbird.