What's New in SeaMonkey 2.10
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 2.10, important bugfixes and any new problems. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 2.9.
- New Features and Fixes
- New Issues
New Features and Fixes
- The new minimum supported Windows version is now XP SP2 (bug 723316), Windows 2000 support has been dropped (bug 730211).
Fixes in 2.10.1
- Flash 11.3 sometimes caused a crash on quit on Windows (bug 747683).
- A fatal XPCOMGlueLoad error could be experienced on Linux during startup (bug 762621).
- Saving a local message as .txt or .html could fail on Windows (bug 763319).
- Move Bookmarks (Bookmark Manager Edit menu) did not work anymore (bug 762824).
- Livemarks (feed bookmark folders) did not update anymore (bug 730837).
Fixes in Beta 3 / Final
- Drag&Drop of (e.g.) tabs to bookmarks had stopped working (bug 754405).
Fixes in Beta 2
- Copy Image copies the location again (bug 752505).
- The favicon of the previous page could have been displayed on a tab when using the back button (bug 749893).
- Switching profiles did not prompt to save the session (bug 658280).
- Mail composed by user (Drafts, Templates, Sent, Outbox folders) could be marked as scam (bug 756821).
- Automatic compaction of folders could stop working due to miscalculation of expunged bytes (bug 725810).
Features in Beta 1
- Internet Explorer's semicolons are mapped to commas now in the proxies list (bug 448482).
- The amount of tabs to be restored concurrently can be configured in Preferences now (bug 648683).
- The MailNews account wizard has been restructured and uses incoming/outgoing pages instead of server/login pages now (bug 71008).
- The MailNews reply header type can now be selected in Preferences (bug 694514).
- The domain name is highlighted in the location bar by default now (bug 689139), configurable in Preferences (bug 732816).
- Links in View Source have Copy Link Location in their context menu now (bug 469434).
- Support for MAPI ResolveName was added (bug 244222).
- Certain global mailnews.* preferences are synced automatically now (bug 720735).
- News username and password auth dialogs have been combined and show for which server the prompt is now (bug 201750).
- The Linux/Unix wrapper shell script has been removed (bug 722262).
- Column sort was added to the Page Info dialog (bug 76170).
Fixes in Beta 1
- The Master Password must be entered now before a password can be copied from the Data Manager (bug 667327).
- Feeds stability has been improved (prevented restarts, better biff performance) (bug 738726).
- The Download Now link was missing for partially downloaded POP3 messages (bug 736782).
- The Print icon in the Composer toolbar could not be added/removed (bug 747765).
- Signature switching in plaintext compose windows has been fixed (bug 735380).
- The "Search subfolders" option is now disabled if no subfolders exist (bug 59049).
- Saving new messages as file was impossible when the subject was empty (bug 718480).
- New Groups subscribe uses NEWGROUPS instead of LIST now (bug 727818).
- Waiting to enter the password for a POP3 account could result in the application hanging (bug 589759).
- Whitespace on feed or feeditem titles could lead to multiple folders of the same name (bug 547543).
- Expiration of news articles was broken (bug 727951).
- Saving a message in a local folder as .eml removed a starting dot from all lines and ignored lines that only contained a single dot (bug 339595).
- Forwarding of feed articles sometimes did not include the full text but the URL only (bug 714570).
- The "Delete from server" filter option has been removed for non-POP3 accounts (bug 730236).
- The displayed in-use size on the Cache Preferences panel is now reset when the cache is cleared (bug 720063).
- Subjects in message/rfc822 mails (used as attachment file names) are decoded now (bug 717429).
- Account Settings copied "Reply-To Address" between accounts when selected (bug 530142).
- "Check for new messages every x minutes" cannot be set to 0 with the corresponding checkbox enabled anymore (bug 532391).
- The Site Navigation Bar associates link rel='start' with "first" instead of "top" now (bug 201979).
- A crash could happen while writing a virtual folders save file (bug 650831).
- Base64-encoded .eml files in attachments could not be opened or saved (bug 580017).
- The Bcc field in Account Settings Copies & Folders is initialized to the current address now (bug 208628).
- Account Settings allowed setting the local directory of multiple accounts to the same physical directory and thus cause a crash when checking IMAP mail or regenerating msf files (bug 218439).
- Replying to .eml or message/rfc822 mails could lead to problems with a MIME-encoded subject (bug 314351).
- Browser windows appeared as just "SeaMonkey" in the DOM Inspector under Inspect Chrome Document (bug 710978).
- News username and password are no longer forgotten upon authentication failure (bug 437930).
- The feed subscriptions dialog has been improved (bug 716706, bug 731702 and bug 550800).
- Multiple (Master) password prompts could happen on startup when using news authentication (bug 560793).
- When sending of a message was aborted, temporary files could be left behind after quitting (bug 235432).
- Getting MailNews feed messages has been improved (bug 711173).
- Invalid Junk settings could be left behind when the target folder belonged to a deleted account (bug 472959).
- The Page Info Security tab did not show cookies for sites with IP:8080 addresses (bug 724222).
- All columns in Page Info tabs could be hidden (bug 168908).
See Firefox 13.0.1 Bug Fixes for a list of bugs that have been fixed for the corresponding Firefox release, and Thunderbird 13.0.1 Bug Fixes for Thunderbird.
- The cursor may change to "drag & drop" mode in the mail window on Linux, causing a hang (bug 736811).