What's New in SeaMonkey 2.6.1
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 2.6.1, important bugfixes and any new problems. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 2.5.
- New Features and Fixes
- New Issues
New Features and Fixes
- Support for the HTML5 "context menu" feature (contextmenu attribute) was added (bug 702019).
- Print Preview is now available in Composer (bug 21432).
- About SeaMonkey (about:) shows the update channel now (bug 677010).
Fixes in 2.6.1
- A crash could happen at startup (seen on Mac OS X and Linux) (bug 708572).
Fixes in Beta 4
- The application could crash when you left/closed pages with many Java applets on Mac OS X Lion and SnowLeopard (using latest Apple Java updates) (bug 705931).
Fixes in Beta 3
- The BEAST work-around was disabled for this release (bug 702111).
- RSS feed stores could get out of date (bug 687430).
- Emails with an "attachment" body appeared blank with no option to save the attachment (bug 701261).
Fixes in Beta 2
- Pausing/unpausing JSD should now turn off/on debug mode as needed (bug 699528).
- News URIs could be handled incorrectly when group names contained & and other characters (bug 670935).
Fixes in Beta 1
- View/Apply Theme has been added to MailNews (bug 679117).
- The panes in the MailNews Account Settings show scroll bars now as needed (bug 567280).
- Using the scroll wheel on the tab bar no longer changes the active tab by default (Shift can be used to get the old behavior) (bug 673878).
- You can now open a new message window on Mac OS if all windows are minimized (bug 648867).
- Editing the Link properties of an image in Composer now features a Link Advanced Edit button (bug 212165).
See Firefox 9.0 Bug Fixes for a list of bugs that have been fixed for the corresponding Firefox release, and Thunderbird 9.0 Release Notes for Thunderbird (major changes only).
- The Recently Closed Tabs/Windows menu items have been moved from the File menu to the Go menu (bug 599731), but the menu items do not get disabled anymore in case nothing can be restored (bug 702297).
- Attachments in emails with certain structures or encodings may not be shown in the attachment pane. Set the mailnews.display.show_all_body_parts_menu pref to true in about:config, then select View/Message Body As/All Body Parts to make such attachments available (bug 677905).