What's New in SeaMonkey 2.5
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 2.5, important bugfixes and any new problems. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 2.4.
- New Features and Fixes
New Features and Fixes
Fixes in Beta 4
- The Insert Character dialog did not switch to other editor windows (bug 695801).
- Large images were not scaled down to the window size (bug 698876).
- Multiple (duplicate) Address Book entries appeared in "do not mark mail as junk if the sender is in" (Account settings -> Junk settings) (bug 690277).
- Pairing a new device did not trigger a delayed Sync run (bug 696633).
Fixes in Beta 3
- Bookmarks in the Bookmarks Manager now feature a Properties context menu entry that opens the embedded properties pane in case it was collapsed (bug 674208).
- mailto links had stopped working (bug 691288)
- Address book Advanced Search missed all search fields (bug 692392).
- Open Containing Folder no longer preselected the file (bug 691144).
Fixes in Beta 2
- Upgrading SeaMonkey while an add-on update was waiting to be installed resulted in the add-on getting uninstalled (bug 680802).
Fixes in Beta 1
- The Windows 7 jump list shows more entries now (for MailNews, address book and Composer) (bug 515734).
- Download chooser dialogs show the file size now (bug 595888).
- Thread pane icons show the state of mail (replied, forwarded) now (bug 22112).
- View/Zoom allows to choose from more levels now, which can also be configured by a hidden preference (toolkit.zoomManager.zoomValues, which needs to be reset manually once in order to actually have more zoom levels) (bug 621823).
- The Download Manager opens when a download starts on Mac now, too (bug 670532).
- Click-and-hold (ui.click_hold_context_menus) has been turned off by default on Mac (bug 667299).
- Insert/Characters and Symbols had stopped working (no options in drop-downs) (bug 690267).
See Firefox 8.0 Bug Fixes for a list of bugs that have been fixed for the corresponding Firefox release, and Thunderbird 8.0 Release Notes for Thunderbird (major changes only).