What's New in SeaMonkey 2.20
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 2.20, important bugfixes and any new problems. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 2.19.
- New Features and Fixes
- New Issues
New Features and Fixes
Fixes in 2.20 Final
- The zoom in/out cursor did not appear when hovering images (bug 901222).
Fixes in Beta 3
- Opening a new window using the middle mouse button could leak information in Private Browsing mode (bug 896404).
- Setting up an RSS account first prevented a mail account from becoming the default one later (bug 880464).
- Some private windows appeared in the undo close window list (bug 887045).
- The Private Browsing shortcut key has been changed as it conflicted with spellcheck (bug 891081).
- Remote debugging did not work if any tabs had no title (bug 889352).
- Clicking on new mail notifcation opened two MailNews windows when no MailNews window was open (bug 840474).
Fixes in Beta 2
- On Mac OS X, all plugins are now run out of process by default when in 32-bit mode (i386/x86) (Bug 883203).
- The About SeaMonkey page claimed to be on the "default" update channel (Bug 893547).
Features in Beta 1
- The Content Security Policy (CSP) 1.0 parser has been enabled (Bug 875706).
- The Mixed Content Blocker has been enabled, blocking insecure active content loads on HTTPS pages (Bug 864369).
- New mail alert information can be customized now (Preferences/Mail & Newsgroups/Notifications) (Bug 856454, Bug 866503, Bug 872133, Bug 874899).
- A confirmation prompt has been introduced to protect against accidental permanent data loss when force-deleting messages using Shift+Del (Bug 308690).
- MailNews Save As Template supports multiple selections now (Bug 786316).
- The size on disk is now shown for newsgroup folders (Bug 851275).
Fixes in Beta 1
- The Publish Webpage prompt in Composer has been fixed (Bug 887183).
- Reporting a phishing site no longer sends potentially sensitive information from query parameters (Bug 871548).
- POP3 local inbox folders no longer grow past the 4 GB limit when getting mail (Bug 640371).
- MailNews search, filter and mail views no longer include messages on the date with "date" "is after"/"is before" (Bug 248808).
- Session restore now ensures restored windows are actually on-screen (Bug 868964).
- The search bar no longer saves the search history in private windows (Bug 861691).
- The SSL Preference pane has been updated to accommodate changed preference names and semantics (Bug 861471).
- Crtl+clicking a link opens it now even if the click event handler calls event.stopPropagation() (Bug 861194).
- The Get Mail popup menu is now restored to full width after customizing the toolbar (Bug 859287).
- MailNews folder size checks check the available disk space now (Bug 789679).
- Attaching a message without trailing line break no longer corrupts the attachment (Bug 523796).
- The browser feed preview has been adapted for Private Browsing (Bug 856322).
- The MailNews subscribe dialog has been improved (the server of the selected folder is now selected and subscription checkboxes are now accessible) (Bug 849525).
- Balloon notifications on new mail are no longer shown if the tray icon is disabled (Bug 857647).
- Compacting large mail folders should be more stable now (Bug 794303).
See Firefox 23.0 Notes for the corresponding Firefox release.
- SeaMonkey may crash if you open (click) certain saved search folders (bug 857678).