What's New in SeaMonkey 2.18
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 2.18, important bugfixes and any new problems. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 2.17.
- New Features and Fixes
- New Issues
New Features and Fixes
- Basic Private Browsing support has been added (experimental for now).
- Private windows never prompt even if normal windows are open (bug 846762).
- Added an about:privatebrowsing page (bug 837493).
- Add -private command line option (bug 837496).
- Added a File/New/Private Window menu item (bug 837510).
- Added an Open Link in Private Window context menu item (bug 841230).
- Open Location has a Private Window option now (bug 841616).
- Added basic private browsing support (bug 837492).
- Added support for safe browsing which blocks potentially malicious websites reported as attack sites (malware) or web forgeries (phishing) (bug 477718).
- Information like preview text, subject and sender can be shown in new mail notifications now (bug 404580).
- Some parts of click-to-play did not work if doorhangers were disabled (Bug 860537).
- The Open Link in New Window context menu item had stopped working in MailNews (Bug 860905).
- The browser feed preview had been broken due to Private Browsing changes (Bug 856322).
- Per-site click-to-play permissions had stopped working (Bug 854867).
- An LDAP password was requested for each lookup even if it was saved (Bug 833971).
- Creating/amending mailing lists in the Address Book had been broken (Bug 859068).
- The tabbed browser uses the favicon service in a privacy-aware way now (bug 856406).
- The Open Location dialog does not save the state anymore when opened from a private window (bug 844497).
- Private downloads did not update (bug 849440).
- Save As from the context menu did not take the privacy status into account (bug 851304).
- Added icons for security notifications (bug 853268).
- Fixed the browser feed preview to work with XBL scopes (bug 846763).
- Click-to-play plugin areas have a close box now (bug 837399).
- WebRTC has been disabled on MacOS X for now (bug 842918).
- Fixed autosync not correctly detecting message offline status, resulting in poor Gmail IMAP performance (bug 854162).
- Special mail folder icons (Inbox, Trash etc.) were not shown for shared IMAP folders (bug 840003).
- Help has been updated for the redesigned Add-ons Manager (bug 652328).
- The MailNews filter editor can now show the actual execution order of actions (bug 747284).
- The Privacy & Security Preferences UI has been reworked (User Tracking and Safe Browsing preferences have been added and a Private Data sub-category has been introduced) (bug 835134).
- First time after choosing to "Never activate plugins for this site", videos were still playing (bug 807664).
- User-oriented labels for Strict Transport Security have been added to the Data Manager (bug 822535).
- The Google search bar favicon has been updated (bug 834692).
- Base64-encoded attachments are now detected irrespective of the case used (bug 805620).
- Saving messages to disk could fail silently (bug 723497).
- Some dangerous file system folders are now disallowed to be used as the Local Directory for mail storage (bug 750781).
See Firefox 21.0 Beta Notes for the corresponding Firefox release.
- Regression: The plugin.expose_full_path pref no longer has the effect of showing full file paths on about:plugins (bug 661961). This will be fixed in SeaMonkey 2.19.