What's New in SeaMonkey 2.17
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 2.17, important bugfixes and any new problems. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 2.16.
- New Features and Fixes
New Features and Fixes
Fixes in 2.17.1
- UNC path handling issues were fixed on Windows (bug 846848).
- SPNEGO/MS KRB5 had stopped working; NTLM SSP was tried instead (bug 857291).
- Click-to-play no longer respected per-site permissions (bug 854867).
Fixes in Beta 4 / Final
- More security fixes.
Fixes in Beta 3
- Removed experimental support for HTML5 'dir' value 'auto' (bug 850069).
- Page Info was broken when a broken image existed on the page (bug 850072).
Fixes in Beta 2
- Plugins such as Flash did not show in certain cases (bug 833823) and showed incorrect information in the Add-ons Manager if updated while SeaMonkey was running (bug 554780).
Features in Beta 1
- Sending emails with IDN-based email addresses is now possible (Bug 127399).
- Clear Private Data now clears search bar and find bar data (Bug 815127).
- SSL-related warning prompts have been replaced by notifications (Bug 817441).
Fixes in Beta 1
- SeaMonkey now registers itself for SVG files and playable media types on Mac OS X (bug 806236).
- The IMAP LIST command is now called before calling the LSUB command in order to get mailbox flags correctly (bug 799821).
- Disabling of elements in the Account Manager for which the corresponding pref was locked has been fixed (bug 807101).
- The IMAP account option "Synchronize the most recent" was not saving correctly in the Account Manager (bug 804091).
- POP3/IMAP/News/LDAP server names in the Account Manager are now validated (bug 327812).
- The styling of "toaster" alert windows has been adjusted for the Modern theme (bug 818017).
- URLs known to be UTF-8 are now identified to make pressing Enter on the location bar work correctly (bug 801287).
- Hovering the search option with the mouse while pressing Enter on the location bar no longer triggers a search (bug 690745).
- Pre-filling of the default whitelist for popup permissions has been fixed (bug 822441).
- Right-clicking form buttons or select elements shows a context menu again (bug 822581).
- Horizontal mouse wheel settings have been restored in Preferences (bug 819652).
- Junk and Delete buttons were missing description texts in the customize menu (bug 768010).
- When deferring an account, its junk target folders and those pointing to it are now automatically deferred, too (bug 734034).
- Message signatures were misplaced when the compose window was invoked by a mailto: link with body parameter and signature position set to "above quote" (bug 545859).
- Right-clicking an empty part of the tab bar now opens a context menu again (bug 669207).
- The "Get more search engines" link is working again (bug 696716).
See Firefox 20.0 Notes for the corresponding Firefox release.