What's New in SeaMonkey 2.16
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 2.16, important bugfixes and any new problems. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 2.15.
- New Features and Fixes
New Features and Fixes
- Reply to List is now supported (bug 654009, bug 814948).
- SSL-related warning prompts (leaving or entering a secure site, viewing mixed content) have been replaced by less intrusive, non-modal notification bars (bug 810673).
Fixes in 2.16.2
- Fixed a regression introduced in 2.16.1 relating to strings. Most prominent in some locales with portions of SeaMonkey unuseable.
Fixes in 2.16.1
- Windows 8 only: Fixed stability issue for some AMD Radeon HD graphics cards.
- Fix for MFSA 2013-29 (CVE-2013-0787)
Fixes in Beta 5 / Final
- Re-Enabled Growl support for notifications to better support users on OSX (bug 835002).
Fixes in Beta 4
- View / Message Body As could show menu items out of context (bug 831348).
Fixes in Beta 3
- Applications could not be removed from the "Application details" dialog under Preferences, Helper Applications (bug 826771).
Fixes in Beta 2
Features in Beta 1
- Add-ons may now provide custom plugin preview overlays for specific MIME types (bug 812898).
Fixes in Beta 1
- The message signature was misplaced when the Compose window was invoked by a mailto: link with body parameter and signature position set to "above the quote" (bug 545859).
- Memory leaks and database corruption could happen when saving the Received header to the message database (bug 810637).
- The Account Manager IMAP account option "Synchronize the most recent" is now saved correctly (bug 804091).
- Reply All no longer converts all "To" recipients to CC, i.e. preserves the original destination fields now (bug 250187).
- Trying to delete address book entries now asks for confirmation (bug 768005).
- Page Info properly detects animated images again (bug 811904).
- The distinction between high/medium/low-grade encryption has been removed (bug 810671).
- The arrow images and labels of the Previous/Next buttons on the Compose window Table Properties dialog now appear properly separated (bug 371195).
- In the Filter Rules dialog, new filter conditions are now inserted rather than appended (bug 392848).
- The Preferences UI for the obsolete OCSP responder functionality has been removed (bug 810672).
- CAF (Core Audio Format) has been added to the types of sound files selectable on Mac OS X (bug 791266).
- When the Sidebar is collapsed on startup, the context menu is no longer broken (bug 802166).
- Detection of illegal host names in the Account Manager has been improved (bug 80855).
- Build support for BeOS and VMS has been removed (bug 808399).
- Using the Delete key in the Feed Subscriptions window now works as expected (bug 805446).
- Primary identities are now shown in bold on the Compose window's From identity picker (bug 793135).
- The placement of the Advanced button in the Account Manager, Server Settings now depends on the server type (bug 779990).
- If the Compose window is the last one open, the message is now sent correctly even if mailnews.sendInBackground is true (bug 807666).
- The View button on the Message Security dialog of the Compose window is now disabled when there is no certificate to show (bug 804955).
- The folder picker of the Move To/Copy To filter actions in the Filter Rules dialog now uses the cascaded layout instead of the flat list (bug 315367).
- The collapsed state of accounts in the Account Manager now persists (bug 536248).
- MailNews accounts and servers are now sorted by type, putting RSS and news accounts last (bug 749200).
- The smime-type=enveloped-data parameter is now added to newly created signed/encrypted S/MIME messages in order to fix interoperability issues with Eudora (bug 498443).
- Support for the HTTP keep-alive preference has been removed (bug 804657).
- On Mac OS X, tearing has been disabled and SeaMonkey now shows up under Productivity when sorting applications by Application Category in Finder (bug 803781).
- The selected Outgoing Server (SMTP) is now scrolled into view so that the selection displays correctly (bug 736661).
- Sanitizing of the "No Proxy for" list in Preferences has been improved (bug 783600).
- Saved searches now work for searches on custom x-headers (bug 363238).
- The default client check is now only done on startup instead of each time a new browser window is opened (bug 803585).
- The filter context UI ("Apply filter when") in the Filter Rules dialog has been changed to use checkboxes (bug 775665).
- The filter editor dialog layout has been improved slightly (bug 777287).
- The Silverlight plugin is now run out-of-process in 32-bit mode on Mac OS X (bug 801272).
- Subscribing to a newsgroup multiple times duplicated it (bug 795562).
- The decimal separator used in message/file size display is now locale-dependent (bug 668756).
See Firefox 19.0 Notes for the corresponding Firefox release.