Released May 4, 2018
We strongly advise you to download the current release instead.
- Release Notes - The release notes describe new changes, system requirements, installation instructions, and known issues in this release - please read them carefully before using this version of SeaMonkey!
- If you are using NoScript you might encounter a certificate error when trying
to download SeaMonkey from this site. NoScript tries to force an https
connection for an http only site. It is not a NoScript problem but how the
Mozilla server, from which downloads are delivered, is configured.
In this case please add download.cdn.mozilla.net to the NoScript "Never force secure (HTTPS) connections" options or turn off NoScript for this download only. The settings are located in the NoScript options under "Advanced->HTTPS".
- Automatic upgrades from versions prior
to 2.48 are, for most configurations, disabled for this release. If you need
to upgrade from an earlier version, please download the full installer from
the downloads section and install SeaMonkey 2.49.3 manually over the previous
MD5 sums and SHA1 sums are available for official packages and source tarballs.
|Language||Version||Windows||Mac OS X||Linux|
|Chinese (Simplified)||中文 (简体)||2.49.3||Download||Download||Download|
|Chinese (Traditional)||正體中文 (繁體)||2.49.3||Download||Download||Download|
|English (US)||English (US)||2.49.3||Download||Download||Download|
|English (British)||English (British)||2.49.3||Download||Download||Download|
|Norwegian (Bokmål)||Norsk bokmål||2.49.3||Download||Download||Download|
|Portuguese (Portugal)||Português (Europeu)||2.49.3||Download||Download||Download|
|Spanish (Argentina)||Español (de Argentina)||2.49.3||Download||Download||Download|
|Spanish (Spain)||Español (de España)||2.49.3||Download||Download||Download|
The source code is available either as a tar package or from the source repository.
- Source Code Tarball (xz, 220 MB) - note that it doesn't unpack a subdirectory itself, so create a directory to unpack it in.
- The README file explains how to pull SeaMonkey 2.49.3 from the source repository.
See the activation notes for how to install those packages.
Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Dutch, English (US), English (British), French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Argentina), Spanish (Spain), Swedish,
Contributed builds (other platforms)
These are unofficial builds and may be configured differently than the official SeaMonkey builds. Please read their "readme" files for further information.
- Linux/x86_64 .tar.bz2 (readme) (MD5 sum) (SHA1 sum)