What's New in SeaMonkey 2.8
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 2.8, important bugfixes and any new problems. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 2.7.
- New Features and Fixes
New Features and Fixes
- A Tabs Toolbar has been added for Thunderbird and Lightning compatibility (bug 721327).
- The add-on enabled state was not applied correctly when installing through Sync (bug 712542).
- MIME parts in a multipart/related context that are not referred to or cannot be displayed inline were no longer available as attachments (bug 674473).
- onchange and input events were not fired for all form elements upon restore (bug 700144).
- Background tabs were not set to an inactive state (bug 728096).
- The Print button was misaligned in the MailNews toolbar with the Modern theme (bug 722758).
- The Page Info Media tab includes information about video streams from video tags now (bug 485686).
- Saving the last download directory per site can now be disabled by creating a pref called browser.download.lastDir.savePerSite and setting it to false (bug 702748).
- The profile path is now shown in Profile Manager tooltips (bug 670561).
- Middle-clicking the Go button opens a new tab now (bug 708640).
- Untitled Composer pages are now numbered (bug 102275).
- The account wizard allows to enter port information now (bug 78357).
- Message Filters feature a "Mark as unread" action now (bug 376546).
- DSPAM, Bogofilter and POPFile options have been added to "Trust junk mail headers set by" (bug 687520).
- CPU load in the Download Manager UI during downloads has been reduced (bug 701051).
- View Source is now enabled for .eml files (bug 704016).
- It is now possible to import/save e-mail messages from .eml text files to folders (bug 700899).