What's New in SeaMonkey 2.26
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 2.26, important bugfixes and any new problems. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 2.25.
- New Features and Fixes
- New Issues
New Features and Fixes
- Notifications for using offline storage are enabled by default again (bug 1019583).
- Deferring a new account to the Global Inbox as been fixed (bug 1008835).
- Hovering over a link caused SeaMonkey to send packets to the link's address (bug 1005566).
- Some themes did not properly display the "new tab" toolbar button in MailNews (bug 999365).
- The Aero Peek favicon was not cleared when the document changed (bug 998171).
- Color swatches on the editor format toolbar were displayed at the wrong size (bug 984175).
- The location bar can decode the URL in more cases now (bug 970121).
- The POP3 account advanced deferring dialog was broken (bug 966276).
- The DLL blocklist can now block AppInit DLLs (bug 947599).
- The account wizard showed an empty port line when trying to create a Blogs & News Feeds account (bug 904338).
- The MailNews vertical view did not persist splitter positions correctly (bug 794749).
- Improved text rendering of unsupported characters (bug 562845).
- The title bar overlapped the toolbar and no window title was displayed with lightweight themes on Mac (bug 1006068).
- Yahoo Mail was broken trying to register a mailto protocol handler (bug 995802).
- The horizontal HTML5 audio/video volume control was broken with the Modern theme (bug 991945).
- Forwarding a message without CC header inline put an empty "CC:" line in the header table (bug 999269).
- The Google CalDAV OAuth2 authentication dialog was not shown with Lightning installed (bug 901332).
- The folder list in the message filter dialog was empty (bug 984948).
- LDAP address autocomplete stopped working (LDAP sessions timed out) (bug 936785).
- An OK button has been added to the RSS Subscription dialog (bug 368266).
- A keyboard shortcut (Cmd+Opt+S) for opening/closing the sidebar on Mac has been added (bug 69489).
- HTML Domains and Plain Text Domains preferences matched too broadly (bug 401014).
- The en-US locale now defaults to UTF-8 for outgoing emails (bug 941545).
- Google has been removed as a content handler for feeds because Reader and iGoogle are being discontinued (bug 943318).
- Global alert icons were missing in certain sizes for the Modern theme (bug 936898).
- The account manager should handle broken accounts more robustly now (bug 813929).
- The Search subfolders checkbox was always disabled in the Search Messages dialog (bug 943096).
- Lightning Preferences are now redirected to SeaMonkey's Preferences window (bug 636104).
- The editor spell check dialog was too short so you could see only the top of the buttons at the bottom (bug 942548).
- Feed folder rename/move/copy and DB sync issues have been fixed (bug 959272).
- Support for <origEnclosureLink> in feeds has been added (bug 958072).
- Click-to-play notifications now track plugins that are no longer present in the page (bug 937616).
- If feeditems.rdf gets corrupt it will now be deleted and rebuilt automatically (bug 497809).
- Groups of tabs bookmarked in a private windows had no titles (bug 947619).
- "Click here to..." has been removed from message list column header tooltips (bug 881073).
- Determining what is a feed message now uses the new FeedMsg flag, allowing to use feed messages in local folders (bug 760157).
- The feed parser now prevents duplicate atom enlosures and uses feedburner:origLink if possible (bug 955869).
- The location bar became empty if both web search and prefix/suffix addition were disabled (bug 950450).
- The wrong identity was chosen when replying to own sent emails (bug 889410).
- Enabling middlemouse.contentLoadURL and middle clicking a tab did not close the tab (bug 738786).
See Firefox 29.0 Notes for the corresponding Firefox release.
- You cannot set up a new Sync account or pair a device anymore (bug 998807). Workaround: Use an older version of SeaMonkey for such tasks for now.