What's New in SeaMonkey 2.17
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 2.17, important bugfixes and any new problems. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 2.16.
- New Features and Fixes
New Features and Fixes
- More security fixes.
- SeaMonkey now registers itself for SVG files and playable media types on Mac OS X (bug 806236).
- The IMAP LIST command is now called before calling the LSUB command in order to get mailbox flags correctly (bug 799821).
- Disabling of elements in the Account Manager for which the corresponding pref was locked has been fixed (bug 807101).
- The IMAP account option "Synchronize the most recent" was not saving correctly in the Account Manager (bug 804091).
- POP3/IMAP/News/LDAP server names in the Account Manager are now validated (bug 327812).
- The styling of "toaster" alert windows has been adjusted for the Modern theme (bug 818017).
- URLs known to be UTF-8 are now identified to make pressing Enter on the location bar work correctly (bug 801287).
- Hovering the search option with the mouse while pressing Enter on the location bar no longer triggers a search (bug 690745).
- Pre-filling of the default whitelist for popup permissions has been fixed (bug 822441).
- Right-clicking form buttons or select elements shows a context menu again (bug 822581).
- Horizontal mouse wheel settings have been restored in Preferences (bug 819652).
- Junk and Delete buttons were missing description texts in the customize menu (bug 768010).
- When deferring an account, its junk target folders and those pointing to it are now automatically deferred, too (bug 734034).
- Message signatures were misplaced when the compose window was invoked by a mailto: link with body parameter and signature position set to "above quote" (bug 545859).
- Right-clicking an empty part of the tab bar now opens a context menu again (bug 669207).
- The "Get more search engines" link is working again (bug 696716).
See Firefox 20.0 Notes for the corresponding Firefox release.