What's New in SeaMonkey 1.1 Alpha
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 1.1 Alpha, important bugfixes and any new problems. See the "rough changelog" for a more comprehensive list of 1.1a fixes. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 1.0.4.
- When you visit a secure site, the URL bar changes color to turns make security status more visible (Bug 335113)
- When using keyword URLs, it is no longer necessary to type "keyword:" (typing "keyword:" will no longer work). Just type the keyword name (Bug 337339)
- You can now drop URLs and bookmarks between existing tabs, which will result in a new tab being created where you dropped the URL (Bug 324591)
- When hovering on a tab, the tooltip now displays a preview of the tab's contents (Bug 315207)
- The search sidebar now behaves better (Bug 252802)
- The bookmarks menu and personal toolbar folder overflow menu now have context menus (Bug 50504)
- Message labelling has been superceded by tagging, which provides much more than the original 5 labels and comes with new preferences (Bug 342560 and others)
- The preferences for junk mail have been modified to accomodate behavior changes (Bug 335846)
- Improved phishing detection (Bug 326082 and others)
- [Linux, Mac] New mail notification has been improved (Bug 327613, 305384, and others)
- SeaMonkey 1.1a may allow you to install language packs intended for use with SeaMonkey 1.0a, but doing so will cause SeaMonkey to not function properly
- [Mac] Users of Mac OS 10.3.x may experience frequent crashes (Bug 345388)
- After installing a new dictionary, you may need to move it from the components/myspell directory to the dictionaries directory.