About SeaMonkey Sync
Sync lets you synchronize your browsing data such as bookmarks, history and passwords between installations of SeaMonkey or Firefox (e.g. your computers at home and at work) or mobile phones that support Firefox Sync.
All data is stored securely in a way that allows only you to access it (encryption happens on the client side). Mozilla provides a default Sync server free of charge, but individuals can run their own, too.
Sync uses a set of credentials: A user name (email address), a password, and a Sync Key. The user name and password are used for communication between clients (browsers using a certain Sync account) and the Sync server, i.e. the password protects you from others that might try to take over your account. The Sync Key on the other hand is used to encrypt all data before it is sent to the Sync server. Unlike the user name and password, which are known to the Sync server, it is only known to you.
After the initial setup, Sync operates in the background, continually and automatically synchronizing your data with the Sync server (manually triggering a synchronization is possible, too). Clients that run simultaneously and access the same Sync account have their data merged on the fly.
Setting Up Sync
- Open the "Tools" menu from a SeaMonkey browser or MailNews window and select "Set Up Sync…".
- Click "Create a New Account".
- If you haven't done so already, you will be prompted to set up a Master Password. You need to choose one in order to have the Sync credentials stored securely on your local machine.
- Next you will be presented with the Sync Key (Recovery Key) for the Sync account you just created. Save or print a copy of it and store it somewhere safe (if you lose it, the data on the Sync server is irretrievably lost!). Afterwards, click "Next".
- Now confirm that you are not a robot by entering the text from the image. Then click "Next".
- You will see a Setup Complete message. Click "Finish" to close the setup window. Further customization can be done under Preferences/Sync.
- You do not need to do anything else. SeaMonkey Sync will
automatically synchronize your data in the background from here
on. If you wish, you can manually trigger a Sync run at any time using
either the Tools menu entry "Sync Now" that now appears instead of
"Set Up Sync", or a Sync button that can be added to any customizable
Note: The first synchronization should happen quickly but may take more than 30 minutes depending on how much information needs to be synced.
Adding a Device
The following assumes that you already set up Sync on at least one device (see steps above) and have both devices at hand.
- On the device with Sync already set up, go to Preferences/Sync and choose "Add a Device" from "Manage Account". A new window will open.
- If your second device is another instance of SeaMonkey, open the "Tools" menu from a SeaMonkey browser or MailNews window and select "Set Up Sync", then click "Connect". Otherwise follow the steps outlined in the Where can I find the code to add a device to Firefox Sync article on Firefox Help.
- Enter the code as it is displayed on your second device. Then click "Next".
- When the code is accepted, you will see a Device Connected message and your device will immediately begin syncing. Click "Finish" to close the setup window and go back to the Sync panel.
Alternatively, if you only have your second device at hand, you can set it up using the Sync account information (email address, password and Sync Key / Recovery Key). Following are the steps you need to take in order to set up another instance of SeaMonkey. For devices running Firefox, see the How do I add a device to Firefox Sync article on Firefox Help.
- On the second device, open the "Tools" menu from a SeaMonkey browser or MailNews window and select "Set Up Sync".
- Click "Connect".
- Click "I don't have the device with me" below the three boxes.
- Enter your Sync email address and password, then click "Next".
- Enter your Sync Key (Recovery Key) and click "Next".
- You will see a Setup Complete message. Click "Finish" to close the setup window.
Finding Sync Account Information
To determine your Sync account information, follow these steps:
- Go to Preferences/Sync.
- The account name is displayed at the top. You cannot change it.
- The computer name (which is used for the "Tabs From Other Computers" functionality available from the "Go" menu of browser windows) is displayed at the bottom. This string can be changed.
- Your password is not displayed anywhere. You can change it using "Manage Account" / Change your Password", though.
- The Sync Key (Recovery Key) is displayed if you choose "Manage Account" / "My Sync Key" ("My Recovery Key") or "Add a Device" followed by clicking "I don't have the device with me".