Released October 5, 2008
- Release Notes
- The release notes contain installation instructions, system requirements, what's new, and a list of known issues that you should read before reporting bugs.
- This is a testing preview for our upcoming major release. We appreciate your testing of this version as well as your feedback on how well it works for you. Please contact our newsgroups for general feedback and report bugs in Bugzilla.
If you don't know which package is best for you, use the first
package listed in the section about your operating system (platform).
MD5 sums and SHA1 sums are available for official packages and source tarballs.
- Windows (32bit)
Interactively install SeaMonkey and, if you like, select which extensions to include.
- Zipfile (14 MB)
- Mac OS X
Disk Image (Universal Binary)
Self-mounting disk image (for use on both PowerPC and Intel processor powered Macintosh computers).
- Linux (x86)
Unpack to an exectuable location and run the contained "seamonkey" script.
The source code is available either as a tar package or from the source repository.
For SeaMonkey 2.0 Alpha 1, no fully localized builds are available, but we provide experimental language packs which you can install as add-ons to the official builds and which offer localization for most of SeaMonkey 2.0 Alpha 1, with exception of the password and download managers as well as any built-in extensions.
- German: installable language pack (activation notes)
- French: installable language pack (activation notes)
- Lithuanian: installable language pack (activation notes)
- Portuguese (Brazil): installable language pack (activation notes)
- Russian: installable language pack (activation notes)
- Slovak: installable language pack (activation notes)